|Position: ||Development Manager |
|Accountability/Reports to: ||Executive Director |
|Hours of Work: ||To be determined, up to 35 hours per week |
|Location: ||YWCA Cambridge, Central Square |
|Start Date: ||July, 2017 |
The YWCA Cambridge is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice freedom and dignity for all.
OBJECTIVE OF POSTION: Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and various fundraising committees, the Development Manager primarily is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing fundraising strategies including new initiatives; maintaining current donors and cultivating new ones; and developing a major gift strategy. Development Manager has lead role in planning and carrying out the annual Tribute to Outstanding Women fundraiser; organizing and maintaining fundraising database records and reports; and researching, writing and submitting grants. Other responsibilities include processing confidential donor receipts, acknowledgements and donor pledge renewals, preparing reports for major gift prospects, managing direct mail campaigns and preparing marketing materials.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Strengthening relationships and cultivating human and financial resources.
- Assists with the design and execution of the YWCA Cambridge overall development strategy. Maintains a high level of stewardship with donors and community partners.
- Plans and implements special events such as donor appreciation, annual Tribute Awards dinner, Racial Justice forums including annual Stand Against Racism, and other events designed to increase visibility of and contributions to YWCA Cambridge.
- Analyzes and prepares reports regarding donor information and giving patterns.
- Prepares reports for Executive Director, Finance Director, Committees and other staff.
- Researches and analyzes social media posts relevant to industry and manages YWCA Cambridge social media accounts.
- Makes presentations promoting the YWCA Cambridge.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the grant research and writing process.
- Coordinates and implements procedures to maintain fundraising information.
- Coordinates and implements procedures to acknowledge gifts, process pledges, prepare reports, coordinate periodic mailings and perform other activities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS:Submit Letter of Interest and Resume by end of business on July 3, 2017 to:
A creative, innovative college graduate with Bachelor's degree in business, communications or related field and a minimum of two years' experience in non-profit philanthropy. Excellent organizational, and oral and written communication skills required; experience in computer data entry, records management, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and working knowledge of Google apps. An outcomes focused, self-starter experienced working with fundraising and graphic design software. Event planning experience and knowledge of social media, marketing, and website design and management a must. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be sensitive to the unique and diverse needs of women and children and be supportive of the mission, vision, and philosophy of the YWCA Cambridge.
Human Resources, YWCA Cambridge
7 Temple Street, Cambridge 02139 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(no telephone inquiries accepted)
*************Candidates will be subject to a criminal records check (CORI).
The YWCA Cambridge encourages applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, ability and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.